Home |
High School | Food Service
email page print page small type large type

Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District Nutrition Services Department

USDA announces universal free meals for SY21-22.

Click here for more information.


The mission of the Hamilton-Wenham Food Services department is to prepare nutritious, affordable and appealing meals for the school community and to provide the children with nutrition education for lifelong healthy eating habits.

Menus are planned to meet the recommended dietary allowances (RDA's). Our goal is to keep weekly menu averages below 30% calories from fat. Nutrient analysis and ingredient information is available by request. Menus are created monthly and reflect the students' tastes by offering the choices most popular to students.

A complete lunch meal includes the following components: meat and/or meat alternate, a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains (mostly whole) and milk (skim, low-fat and flavored). Students are encouraged to select items from all groups.

A variety of snacks are offered at all schools for purchasing. All of our snacks meet the standards required by the Massachusetts Competitive Foods Bill which was signed into law in July of 2011. 


SY21-22 Lunch Program FAQ's

Families are reminded that free and reduced meal benefits can be applied for at any time during the school year. Applications are available on the right hand side of the page or by contacting the Food Service office at 978-468-0398.

If meals are free this school year, why do I need to fill out an application?

Filling out an application helps newly eligible children receive P-EBT funds. You may be eligible to reduce or waive academic and athletic fees too.

If meals are free this school year, what is MySchoolBucks for?
If your child would like to purchase snacks or assorted drinks -- they will need funds in their accounts. If your child brings lunch from home but would like to purchase a drink such as milk or juice, there is an additional cost. 

My child has a food allergy and/or food intolerance (example: lactose, gluten, peanuts/treenuts, sesame, etc). My child wants to participate in lunch, can this be accommodated? 
Yes! Please email the Nutrition Services Director, Wendy Ng at w.ng@hwschools.net and she will be able to work with you and the Food Service Manager at your child's school. 

*Please note that all our school kitchens are a peanut and treenut free workspace. 

If you would like to see ingredients of certain menu items-- email Wendy Ng at w.ng@hwschools.net  

MySchoolBucks FAQ's

The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Lunch Program uses a computerized  Point Of Sale (POS) system.  Each student will be given a PIN number (which remains the same until graduation) and is used at the lunch-line registers when purchasing lunch. Please call or email the food service office to obtain your child's PIN at 978-468-0398 or w.ng@hwschools.net.  If your child forgets or doesn't know their PIN, they only need to ask the cashier.

To help increase the efficiency of the lunch lines, we strongly encourage using the "Debit Account" to pay for your child's meals. Payments can be made online at myschoolbucks.com and the monies will automatically be deducted from the account every time the child's PIN number is entered at the register.  Payments can also be made by check for weekly or monthly amounts.  If the student is absent, the monies remain in the account until used. Any unused balances at the end of the year will automatically be transferred as beginning balances for the next school year.  Special arrangements are made for students who do not have a lunch from home, cash or money on account.  


Can I make payments to multiple children's accounts with one payment?
Yes. You will need to enter a specific payment amount for each child.

Can I receive an email when my child's account balance is low?
Yes. If you use an online account, you can establish an account balance notification threshold for each child. Once the account balance falls below the established amount, you will be notified by myschoolbucks.

How do I find out what my child has been buying for lunch?

To view purchases for as many as the previous 30 days, login to myschoolbucks.com. You can also contact the food service office at 978-468-0398 or w.ng@hwschools.net

The letter sent home gave me an option to OPT OUT.  What does that mean?

If you choose to “opt out” you will not be able to view your child(ren)’s purchases for the previous 30 days or make online prepayments.  Your child(ren) must still use their PIN’s each time they come through the cafeteria line.

Does my child need to use their PIN?

Yes, all children must use their PIN’s each time they come through the lunch line.

What if my child only buys milk? Snack? Infrequent lunches?

We still encourage you to prepay. You can put a small amount on account.  You do not need to make the transaction online.  Avoid the $2.75 charge by sending a check or cash to the school cafeteria.

What is in place to prevent another child using my child’s PIN?

The PIN numbers are linked to the student's pictures. Each time their PIN number is entered into one of the registers, the student's picture will appear on the screen. The cashier will verify the student matches the picture on the screen.  If they don't match, the cashier will not allow the meal to be purchased.

Can I prevent my child from purchasing multiple school meals or ala carte items?

Yes.  Please contact the food service director directly if you would like to set limit on your child’s account. Wendy can be reached most effectively by email at w.ng@hwschools.net or by phone 978-468-0398

What happens to the money at the end of the school year?

Funds in your child’s account will roll over to the next school year.  If your child is graduating or moving out of the district, arrangements can be made to reimburse you. Contact the food service office.

How long after I make a payment will the money be available in my child/ren’s account?

Online payments are generally processed by PayPal within 24 hours.  However, if the payment option selected is an e-check, the processing will take anywhere from 4 to 7 business days. Checks sent to the school will be available as soon as they are given to the cashier.

Can I change my child’s PIN?

Yes, just call the food service office 978-468-0398.

I just moved to the district, how do I sign up?

Your child will be automatically in the system.  Contact the food service office 978-468-0398 or w.ng@hwschools.net for all of the information you will need for online payments or other questions.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

SNAP and FDPIR State or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.


Wendy Ng, RD, LDN, SNA, CCNP
Director of Nutrition Services
787 Bay Road - South Hamilton, MA 01982
Phone: (978) 468-0398
Fax: (978) 468-8454

Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District
5 School St Wenham, MA 01984 Phone: 978-468-5310 Directions | Contact Us | Sitemap

powered by finalsite